Monday, June 30, 2008

Comme des Vuitton: Luxe en Raw

I ♥ Louis Vuitton
I ♥ Comme des Garçons

So I was surprised when I found out that they are creating a pop-up store for three months starting in September in the lovely Tokyo! (Saving pennies now!) They will be offering six designer bags from Rei Kawakubo (of Comme) using the Vuitton signature pattern. Kawakubo approached Vuitton with the idea, and the heads of Vuitton were thrilled! According to the chief executive of Vuitton, Yves Carcelle, this would be a splendid way to celebrate LV's 30th anniversary in Japan. Apparently, Marc Jacobs is exciting about this partnership, saying "I find it wonderful to think that 30 years ago, this immense talent, someone who has inspired so many others, was inspired by Louis Vuitton." Well, if you can't afford Tokyo, then you can definitely afford Commes when they "comme" to H&M in November (I know that was a tacky joke).

No comments: