Monday, June 30, 2008

Tres Magnifique Dominique!

Well, I first noticed Dominique Hollington, the New York stunner with the exotic features (I noticed that they say that about all ethnic models). He is with Red Model Management, one of the newcomers of the fashion industry, and they are using the race card, and adding more ethnicity in their agencies (hello Supreme, and IMG, and take a page from Red). I initially didn't care for Dominique, because he looked really regular and looked like he couldn't model a brown potato sack. But as the weeks passed, and I saw more of his tests, I am pleasantly surprised! The big shocker was Dominique's invite to be in the Givenchy show in Paris (which is a humongous and pleasant surprise). I see the fashion industry is finally seeing color. But, anywho, I am pretty thrilled with Dominque, I don't know if he is going to get a campaign in the coming season, but with the industry sudden gravitation towards color, I wouldn't be surprised. I mean look @ Armani, Yves St. Laurent, and Givenchy (with my favorite Indian model, Lakshmi!). Congrats Dominique!

Dominque for Givenchy

Part of Dominque's Portfolio


before: just scouted (see where my doubts began)


now look at him! (my doubts are gone)


No comments: